Sunday, August 10, 2008

Chapter 6: Bobbie

"Nice back hand," Justin flirted as return the ball to me. I smiled. I had just started learning how to play tennis. I thought it would be a great way to fit in with these corporate bitches and give me an excuse to get some exercise. So I found a private coach. Justin was a tennis pro who had just finished undergrad at Duke. He was smart, cute and young but I could tell his preppy ass was into white girls or others period so I didn't respond to his flirty ways.



"Thanks Justin," I responded hitting the hell out of the ball. Justin and I continued to play until as usual Justin killed me. I accepted defeat and retreated to my bottle of water on the bench. I was sure that Justin typically charged his clients 10 times what he charged me to help me out so I didn't trip when he was ready to end our session earlier.



"Where's your man?" Justin asked as he walked toward me with his racket in hand.


"I think he will be here soon. It's only 5:45."


"Okay. Good game Bobbie. You are my star," he smiled put his hands on my shoulders.


"Told you I would get this tennis shit and rock it," I laughed.


"Well you my friend are a natural. I think we need to get you in a league. That way you can put those skills to use."


"Sounds good," I blushed.


"Oh by the way, my girlfriend is performing tonight at Apache. I was wondering if you and your man might want to come out and support. She needs a full house. The show starts at 9." He announced putting his balls and racket in his tennis bag.


"That sounds like a plan. I will definitly come out Justin."


"Cool, well are you going to be okay if I leave. I know your dude's not here yet but he should be here shortly right?" Justin asked. "I mean if your not comfortable I could wait with you but I need to run a few errands before the show."


"No its cool. You can go. He better be here soon." I snapped picking up my bag.



I walked up the stairs chatting with Justin about a tennis league and then waved good bye as he got into his black infinity. I waited about a half hour before I called Ramon trif behind. As usual he didnt pick up. I was beginning to get irriatated so I sent him a text and walked over to the recreation side of the park. I could at least continue the work out as I waited on that fool to hurry up. Another half hour went by with no response or word so I decided to call Elle. She lived close to Piedmont park so she should be able to pick me up in no time.



"Hey girl, are you home? I need you to pick me up from the tennis courts." I explained.


"Sure, your lucky I just got home from the airport," Elle sighed.



She hung up and I texted Ramon again. I was hoping his stupid self would get to the park and not find me and be frantic. He knew he was wrong for driving my car and not picking me up on time. I sighed. I really needed to get rid of him. I knew he was too young and too full it but I loved his young ass. I should just put him out for a little while. Then he will learn not to try my patience.







Elle pullled up five minutes after I called. I hopped in her car and looked over to my tired friend. Her hair was pulled back into a pony tail and she was wearing jeans and a pair of flip flops. Her baby tee looked to be from one of her marketing campaigns because it definitely wasnt one of the designer t-shirts I was use to her wearing.



"Should I take you home?" Elle asked



"Yeah girl,please take me home. I am about to whip Ramon's butt when I catch up with him. Having me wait here this long."





"Girl... You and Ramon. How was your day?" she asked trying to cheer me up.





"It was okay until he ruined it for me. Girl, I really need to get rid of Ramon," I sighed. We rode in silence to my house. The good thing about Elle was she knew how to just let things be. No questions asked and I apperciated that.


"Do you want to go to Apache tonight with me?"


"Why not..."






We got to Apache pretty early. It had it usual buzz of weirdos and artsy people. Elle was definitely in her element but I wasn't. I mean I like live music but I didnt like all the weirdness it attracted. I didnt see Justin but I was definitely looking for his white girlfriend. I never meet her but I was sure that she was one of those artsy white girls that experimented with black men.



"Do you see Justin yet?," I asked looking around until I finally spotted a red head white chick talking to a guy carrying an instrument to the stage.



"Not yet, do you think she's the girlfriend," Elle asked darting her eyes in the direction of the red head. "You said she was white right?"



"Yep, never meet her but I am sure she is the one. She is over there with the band," I responded. At least she was a pretty white girl. I thought. I guess that was better than getting a busted one.



"I need a drink," Elle said motioning the waitress. "Go, Justin. She is really pretty!"



We were both watching the red head girl as she prepared for the show. She was wearing an eggplant purple silk slip dress and fire red pumps. Had to admit the pumps were bad. As I stared I couldn't help but wonder how she meet Justin and how she won his devotion. My thoughts then turned to my own situation. I still couldn't believe Ramon still hadnt shown up with my car. I got so pissed before Elle came to pick me back up that reported my car stolen. All I could think about is his trif behind being laid up with some bitch while I sat waiting for him to pick me up.



"Can I buy you two drink," a familar male voice exclaimed from behind. I turned around to see Justin with a cocoa brown girl on his arm.



"Justin!" Elle exclaimed rising from her seat to give Justin a hug.



Justin returned the hug and kissed Elle on her cheek and then reached down to hug me.



"Bobbie and Elle, this is my girlfriend Alexis,"



I was in shock. His girl was black and she was beautiful. She was wearing a vintage gold mini dress and flat simmering gold boots. She looked too stylish to be an starving artist.



"Nice to meet you both," she exclaimed exposing her dimples from the big smile she flashed in our direction. "Thank you so much for coming out and supporting. Enjoy the show."



She kissed Justin and headed in the direction of the red head white girl that we initially thought was his girlfriend. Justin pulled up a chair and sat between Elle and I.



"Do you mind if I sit with you two lovely ladies and catch the show?"



"Sure, your girlfriend is beautiful." Elle commented as she gently kicked my shoe under the table. "How did you guys meet?"


"We meet in undergrad. I have always had a huge crush on her but she didn't give me any play until we meet up here in Atlanta about a year and half ago. We have been inseperateable ever since," he responded with a school boy grin on his face.


Awww... how cute. I guess there are some guys that get a little senitmental.


"Have you been her before Bobbie?" Justin asked.


"Laugh out loud... you know this isnt my scence huh?" I giggled.








No comments: